Black Mirror 2 – Reigning Evil
Gameplay This is a third person point and click game. The main menu has new game, load game, options, extras, credits and exit. The options menu has:
- Gfx option has Gamma, screen resolution, screen refresh rate and graphics quality selections.
- Sfx option has overall, music, speech, effects and environment volume selections.
- Game option has display dialog subtitles; use hardware mouse pointer, original Black Mirror 1 mouse pointer, additional game help, display tips and activate Big Head mode. Save the changes using the save selection at bottom of the screen.
Extras have the pictures, videos and mini-games already viewed during gameplay. New game has a selection of easy and normal game mode. Easy game mode offers additional game help, the option to skip special puzzles and to receive further tips from the diary. Normal game mode has no additional game help. But additional game help can be selected while in this mode. The in-game menu is accessed by pressing the ESC key. Back, menu, load game, save game, options and exit selections are seen. Another set of in-game menu is seen when the cursor is moved at top right of the screen. Here, see load/save game, the main menu, diary and show all hotspots icons. The save page shows the picture of the location. The title of the saved game can be entered after pressing the save button. Then press the green arrow below it. The saved games can be deleted by clicking on the torn paper icon at left of the frame. Saved games can be overwritten. The diary has Darren's journal and tasks to do. To activate a collected item in inventory bar at bottom of screen, right mouse click the item.
Helpful Hints: New diary entry is alerted by a flashing book icon at top left. The diary is accessed by using the icon at top right or by the D or J key.
- To see all the hotspots in the screen, press the space bar or H key or the hotspot icon at top right of the screen.
- The items in the screen that are for information only are deactivated after clicking-learning about them.
- Right click on a character to get information about them.
- The tab key skips cutscenes.
- After the location has been accessed by going there, the postcard can serve as a 'jump to' map.
- When the easy mode is selected, all mini-puzzles have a skip choice after time is spent on the puzzles. The mini-games can be replayed using the extras at main menu.
- You can die in this game - save often. There is an autosave when you die also.
- Next >>